[BUG] Viewport empty when windows locked

When using remote desktop software (like windows remote desktop) that locks the viewport is completely gray.
Since we’ve entered another lockdown I have to work a lot from home again and it’s quite annoying that we can’t use the company remote desktop software.

My current workaround is to use Chrome Remote Desktop or Teamviewer, these softwares do not lock the used pc and enable me to view te viewport.

Due to my companies IT policies it’s a matter of time before this workaround gets blocked, and that will render me unable to work at home when I have to use Visual Components.

1 Like

Remote desktop is not supposed to work since it may violate the license agreement. At least that’s my understanding of it. This topic has been discussed in the past:

Doesn’t seem like it has been actually answered by a staff member.
And if the answer is correct then it only changes this from a bug report to a feature request.

With covid19 this issue keeps being relevant and I believe VC should be able to somehow provide this functionality.

1 Like

I am having this very same problem with Teamviewer. We are setting up a Virtual commissioning environment to allow us to connect a number of PCs with PLC/HMI/Historian/VC, we first thought it was because the monitor was not connected, but now we are having all sorts of weird issues. Our PCs all have standalone licences so there is no reason why this should be an issue. Is the any more info on this please?

Hy,

may this?

Regards
Feature

bad function design, other simulation software do not have this problem

have been tried, cannot work,should be the software problem

Hy,

that just works with VC 4.5 floating license, I think you have nodelocked…

Regards
Feature

1 Like

OK, TKS UR reply
I used vision 4.4,do not have ‘‘software-rendering’’ option

Hy,

so you need to upgrade your version to use it!

Regards
Feature

yes,It works now, when i updated the license to 4.5