Signals Between 2 Processes

Hello,

I have two processes linked to each other through transport. I want to make Process 1 wait to call for a new product only when Process 2 has transported out it’s product. I thought it would make sense to use the Process Signals to communicate when this should happen, but I am having a hard time understanding how to set this up correctly. To make it slightly more complicated, I am using a machine I have made myself and don’t understand how to set up the signal interface very well under the machine behaviors tab in modeling.

I am open to alternatives beyond signals if that makes it a bit easier.

Below shows my 2 processes and how they should flow. My last concern is, when I start the simulation, Process 1 may be waiting on signal from Process 2, but process 2 is waiting on product from Process 1 since the simulation has just started…

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hi Chbaker,

create a boolean signal under modelling component (process) that you want to execute and then connect this signal in process using “SendSignal” on one side to “WaitSignal” at the other. For example:

Hi AP_Suh,

I have visual components professional. I believe creating boolean signals of this nature is allowed by the version of VCP I have, but I am having difficulty finding where to create the Boolean Signal.

Hi,

Creating Frames and Signals is possible with all current VC versions. Go to the Process tab, and click Create Signal.

Also, the extra button I have below is from this addon: