This add-on brings the following buttons to your Home tab ribbon:
With “Toggle Profiler OnOff” and “Dump Profiling info” one can view simulation performance-related indicators in the output panel and in a dumb csv file located in the command folder.
How to use performance profiling:
- Enable profiling with the toggle button
- Run the simulation for long enough duration with a high speed factor
- Typically at least a duration until all processes have been completed at least once.
- Pause or reset and hit the dump button to view the results
- Each time simulation is started over the profiling info/dump will be overwritten and recollected during the simulation. Toggling off between simulation runs is not necessary.
- To stop profiling click the toggle again
With “Analyze geometries” one can view the quality of the geometries in the layout. Just click the button to output the results.
- A warning will be shown for any component exceeding the recommended triangle (polygon) count of 100 000.
- Total component, node, geometry set, triangle, line, point, and frame count
- Average of geometry sets, triangles, lines and points per component
- Average of component sharing ration
- Number of shared components
Profiler_200205.zip (3.75 KB)