Part not transporting out from Advanced feeder

Hello Everyone,

I am using an advanced feeder in my model. I could not connect it to the flow as it does not have a transport node. So, for that, I attached a conveyor to move the products out of the advanced feeder. After that, I attached a from conveyor transport node to the conveyor belt and connect it to the flow. The products created are still not moving from the conveyor to the next node.

Can anyone please look into the problem? I have attached the model with this mail.

Regards,
JayModel_Manual.vcmx (481.5 KB)

Hi Jay,

Process modeling requires that the products that you use are predefined as product types, and then created with a product creator. The older feeder components are using a component creator instead of a product creator, and thus cannot create products. The more recent feeder components that are in the Process Flow Components collection can create products.

The simplest way would be to change the advanced feeder to a process modeling suitable feeder. Another option that you have is to use the ‘to product converter’ to convert the component created by advanced feeder to products that can be used in process modeling. You can download the to product converter from here: Convert components to products

I tested your layout with the converter and now it seems to work as intended. Model_Manual.vcmx (4.0 MB)
I hope this helps.

-Este

1 Like

Hi @Este,

Thank you for the help with advanced feeder. I tried to run the simulation model which you tested and sent to me. As soon as i open the model a error in the output is shown even before running the model. I have attached the photo of the error. And when i run the model that you sent, only one product is moving to the next process. After that the other parts are not moving to the next process.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jay,

That version requires the latest VC 4.2.2 software version to work properly. I made some modifications to the converter and now it also works in earlier 4.2 version. Test it out and let me know if it works.
Model_Manual.vcmx (4.0 MB)

-Este

1 Like

Hi @Este,

I guess you are write, i have software version VC 4.2. I tried to run the model but still it is not working. No a single part is moving to the next process. The are nor errors shown in the output panel. I have a student trial license, which is valid for 30 days. So, is it possible if i download the latest version VC 4.2.2 and use the same license.

Regards,
Jay

That should be possible.
If you have a license for a major version (4.2) you can use it for any minor version (4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2) also.

1 Like

Hi @Este,

Thanks you for the help. I installed the new version and the component created by you is working properly. I noticed something unusual, as you know with the help of advanced feeder we can created custom property. When the product are created in advanced feeder they have those custom property but as soon as they pass from the to product converter node those property are erased. For example, i have created a custom property named ProcessTime which is shown when the part is created but when it pass the to process node it is not visible any more. I have attached the picture.

Can you please look into this issue?

Regards,
Jay

That’s a good point. Because the converter doesn’t simply convert the part, but actually deletes it and creates a new one based on the selected product type the custom properties made by the feeder are lost.

To get around this issue you cna create multiple product types with unique properties, and use IF/ELSE or SWITCH statements to create the desired product. See the attached picture for an example. The Type filter can also be changed so that it is based on the parts ProdID instead of name.

-Este