This addon allows rendering high quality images and animations. The addon converts the simulation scene into a blender scene and then renders the scene into image(s). Blender is an open-source 3D modeling, animation, rendering and video editiging software. The Addon utilizes the new real time render engine Eevee available in the Blender 2.8. Rendering can be done as a backround task, which will output the result automatically into a image file(s) straight from Visual Components or the scene can be opened in the Blender for further tweaking. Animations can be rendered to a sequence of images.
Major improvements compared to previous Blenderer addon:
- Faster scene export from VC to Blender (still room for improvement)
- Faster rendering (Eevee engine is a lot faster than Cycles although not quite as realistic)
- Easy lighting (use ready made lighting presets)
- Re-using previous scene (Render same scene again without waiting heavy export/import process)
- Animation recording support for dynamic components (components created and deleted during recording shown in the render)
- Download and install Blender 2.82
- download https://www.blender.org/
- Download and extract Blenderer2 zip file to the My Commands folder and restart VC.
- The plugin assumes that the Blender software is installed to a specific path. The path must be:
- “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\blender.exe”
- If you want to use another Blender installation path, edit the blender_exe_uri variable in the Blenderer.py script on line #16. The file can be found in the Blender plugin after extracting the zip into the My Commands folder.
- New 2.0.1 version.
- Bug fixes and optimization
- Dynamic component creation and delete issue fixed
- Improved shadow settings
- Robot "Smart Materials"
- Material related properties on separate tab in GUI
- Animation recording generates a video (avi) file automatically after everyframe is rendered.
- Bloom intensity property
- New download link. Previous link was wrong.
- New version 2.0.2 that supports Blender 2.8.1 version.
- Texture scaling factor has changed. Note this if you are defining custom materials with the csv table.
- New version 2.0.3 that supports Blender 2.82 version.
- Minor bug fixes and performance tweaks.
- Sparks emitter under lights tab to visualize e.g. welding.
Blenderer_2.0.3.pdf (327.1 KB)