Warm up task in process modeling

Warm up is a very import task in work process, but in process modeling ,it is not added yet. i highly recommend to increase its priority of development than others. Thanks.

Hi wei777,

Thank you for the feedback.
As you said, there is currently no warmup statement in process modeling. However it is already possible to implement such functionality using if/else logic.

Please see the attached picture that shows an example on how a warmup process can be implemented by adding a new property and using the GetProperty, If, and assign statements.
Additionally, you need to reset the value of the warmup property when the simulation is reset. This can be done with a python script as shown.

-Este

Thanks for your reply. it works great. Considering a large layout ,if many process nodes need this WarmUp task,it will not be very efficient .

If you are OK with having a separate warmup for each process, a process routine property can be used instead, which resets automatically on simulation reset. Thus a Python script is not needed.

1 Like

@TSy exactly,
Here’s an example:

1 Like

Why am I not able to assign the reset value for process variable in the table? Its frustrating to always have booleans start as False, integers at 0, etc. if I want the default to be True (say if I prefer using InWarmUp). This seems like extremely basic functionality…

The value box is editable in the UI, so I have a hard time understanding why the values themselves wouldn’t be. And it’s not like the values are editable during runtime either.

I’m still using VC 4.3, so hopefully this is addressed in later versions, but it’s annoying to have to get a new license for such minor functionalities that shouldn’t have been missing in the first place.

So I guess my question is, is this just a bug/user error on my end? If not, what is the workaround to have process variables start at a specified value? For bools its pretty manageable to use the complement, but for non binary values this only gets worse.

There is no initial value setting for routine properties in VC 4.7 either. The underlying thing is that those are properties, and properties in VC don’t have any separate “initial” value nor associated automatic value reset functionality, only their current value.

You can use component properties pretty much the same as routine properties, but those will never reset automatically.