VC_Executor ActionMode

Dear All,

we are currently migrating our python scripts to VC4.0 but we have a problem with the ActionMode Behaviour.

from vcHelpers.Robot2 import *

robotData = getSelectedRobotsData()
executor = robotData[0]

How can i get access to executor.ActionMode?

The python help file says that its still existing. We want to stop the robot program execution at start of simulation.

I guess you need to use executor.IsEnabled.

Maybe help document is not updated yet?

hello Chungmin,

yes that works.

Python docu is not correct. there are so many objects, behaviours and propertys that changed and nothing is discribed. Migration python scripts from 3D Create to Essentials is horrible.

Ah-ha, not that horrible for me. :slight_smile:

For me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

The most important thing is that it’s improving.

And we can always discuss here! :lol:

You need to make sure that you don’t look into deprecated topics when you are working with the help file. The “IsEnabled” is described in the topic vcExecutor. If you searched for “ActionMode” you have been directed to vcRslProgramExecutor which is actually deprecated.

If you need to know which kind of object you are using just do a “print object” and you know the type you need to search for.

Anyway, I wrote the code in the attachment for myself to get properties and methods of objects. It doesn’t always get all properties. For example “Program” in an vcExecutor object is not returned, but still. Though it works perfectly fine in returning callable methods.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right, there is a reminder!

By the way, cannot download the attached.

You’re right the download isn’t working. I removed it and added to this post since I couldn’t change my first post. I hope it works this time!

Edit: Yes, it does! :slight_smile:

Object.zip (526 Bytes)