VC 4.8 UI very slow

Hi,

I’m using a Dell Precision 7750 with a Quadro M3000 year 2020.
Then VC is exrtemely slow when switch between context ( HOME / MODELING / PROCESS …)
Some example:

• empty layout: take regulary from 3-4 secondo to switch
  • layout with 5/6 componentd with geo of about 500k triangles take regularly 5-10 sec to switch.

This makes it quite difficult to use VC on a daily basis.

Some one experinency this kind of latency? Somebody know how to reduce this latency?
Thanks,

2 Likes

What’s your RAM size? Personally, I prefer at least 32GB for a comfortable experience.

That sounds unusually slow.
Do you have any add-ons enabled? Are there any errors in the VC application log files?
The log file path is e.g: %localappdata%\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.8\Logs

Switching tabs involves some file access to save and load the UI panel layout. If something is blocking that it might cause delays.

Disabling the “Enable independence” setting for “Application context layout” can make switching tabs faster.

I have 32G or RAM installed.

Yes, “log-file-VisualComponents.Engine” contain a long list of errors, mainly related to folder of the eCAT but first lines tell:

Log opening]
2023-11-29 08:09:51,021 ERROR - The ‘VisualComponents.Core.dll’ assembly cannot be loaded!
2023-11-29 08:09:52,185 INFO - Product key found: VCP48-xxxxx-xxxx-T
2023-11-29 08:09:52,209 INFO - Local license is available.
2023-11-29 08:09:53,437 ERROR - ReflectionTypeLoadException: Cannot load ‘VisualComponents.Create3D.LicenseCheckingCatalog’.
Could not load file or assembly ‘TwinCAT.Ads, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=180016cd49e5e8c3’ or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare il file specificato.

Thanks,

Those dll loading errors at application start are “normal” I get them too.

I know that the TwinCAT.Ads error is always there unless you have the Beckhoff TwinCAT communication libraries installed, and it is not an issue. Reason for the VisualComponents.Core.dll error I don’t know.

Disabling “Enable independence” help, thanks,
The strange things is the VisualComponents.Core.dll that cannot be loaded.

2 Likes