Because to and from the table involve the same concepts, and the video was about the table itself. Good that you asked the question on how to pick from the table.
Hopefully, the attached layout steers you in the right direction.
All I did was modify the layout file of the tutorial:
- Add another conveyor to layout and move it within reach of robot.
- Turn off looping of robot executor, (Component Properties > Executor > IsLooping.
- In robot program, copy and paste subroutine for picking and place parts.
- In copied subroutine, remove statements used for picking parts from conveyor, but keep the ones for placing parts on table.
- Modify the signal action for releasing part on table to have a True value to grasp the part.
- Teach robot to place the part onto other conveyor.
- In Main routine, add inputCounter variable of type integer.
- At start of robot program, set inputCounter to 0.
- Create While loop and use If-Then-Else statement that executes either pick and place from conveyor to table, or from table to other conveyor based on value of inputCounter.
- If placing on table, inputCounter is counted up by 1 until it reaches 5, the number of horns/branches on table.
- If picking from table, inputCounter is counted down by 1 until it reaches 0, thereby robot knows to place parts on table.
As you can see, all of this stuff was about robot programming not the table.
If the robot is picking up the entire table… check the detection volume of the tool frame being used for the grasp action. If the detection volume is too high, when the action is signaled the table would be detected, thereby the whole table would be grabbed. Since the parts are attached to the table (parent-child relationship) the parts move with the table.
If you attach your layout I can look at it to see what is causing the table to be grabbed.
I need to place up to six different parts on those horns (each process step some parts will be added). This ain’t a problem, but merging all six parts to one after the last process step is. Considering this situation I want to pick the assembled new object as one part after the last step with a robot and place it on a conveyor. Trying to find different ways to solve it were not successful.
I would need to see your layout; hard to visualize what you are trying to do since the parts on each horn are so far a part. If you don't want to share the layout then send it through VC support.
But if I had to guess, you are adding parts to each horn every step of the way, so after the last step you want the robot to pick up the assembled part. That is doable. I will make another layout that shows one approach… there are several.
Use-an-Indexing-Table-To-and-From-Table-using-Conditions.vcmx (958 KB)