If you are using Visual Components 4.0 product and want to use the 4.1 product, please watch this video before upgrading.
- 4.1 requires a 4.1 license
- You can run 4.0 and 4.1 side-by-side, no need to uninstall 4.0
- 4.1 installer will not uninstall 4.0 product
- License server supports 4.0 and 4.1 licenses
- 4.0 and 4.1 use VCMX file format for components and layouts
- 4.0 and 4.1 have separate folders in Documents library
- 4.0 and 4.1 have different eCatalogs
- 4.0 cannot open 4.1 components and layouts
- 4.1 components and layouts support "pack folder" feature via API, which allows you to attach folders of files to component and layout when saving.
Hope this clears up any issues and we are all on the same page.
How about the previous license after customer license upgrade?
I think I understand your question.
- If you upgrade to 4.1 then your 4.0 license is whatever the Sales person tells you :/ I don't know.
- I would assume the maintenance agreement would indicate this. For example, you purchase one license for one product, so ipso facto you can use one product not two.
Hopefully, someone from Sales can comment your question.
If you upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1, your 4.0 license will expire immediately.
- This policy goes into effect on October 1, 2018.
- This policy does not affect 2014 and older product upgrades. The grace period will remain 6 months for those products.
- If you encounter an issue after upgrading, contact Support to inquire about a temporary license solution.
@Jerry The old policy was a 6-month grace period.