the "\" was displayed as "¥"

When using the text geometry in the feature, there is no unwrapping effect using “\n”, and the “” will be displayed as “¥”. How do I solve this problem? thanks!

I guess the problem caused by the font,but I don’t know how to modify it.

Hello,

For me the newline works (“test1\ntest2”), but when i try to add tab ("\t") i get a box character. When i try to add a backlash character ("\") i get that Yen symbol. I remember distantly that the tab worked for me at some point, but can’t remember if the expression needed some formatting tricks.

Br,

Hannu

Hi,

I assign “test1\ntest2\ttest3\n\” to the string property in python script. the display is consistent with your description.

If the value of the property is set in the interface, “” is still displayed as “¥”

interface:

python script:

Hi,

For me it doesn’t seem to matter if i set the Text value via python or GUI, the string is always interpreted the same way. Meaning new line escape characters are interpreted correctly, tab always produces a box character and double backlash a Yen symbol. In the text feature Text property field the tab and \ are interpreted correctly tho.

I guess the font just doesn’t support tab and backlash characters.

Br,

Hannu

Hi!

Check out the latest version of the component:

https://forum.visualcomponents.com/forums/topic/text-in-3d-pdf/