Text creates spacing

Hi

I have a conveyor with crates on it with different weights.
In order to make the weight visible, I added a text to the crates.

The problem that I have now is that the text feature seems to be treated as something that can collide.
Therefore I have spacings between my crates.

Is there a way to deactivate this behaviour for the text and treat it as “non-collidable”?

Thanks, Johnny

Text feature collider can be set to None. Does that work? If the feature does not have a collider then nest it in like a Transform feature and set its collider to None. But also take a look at the Physics entity and the bound box of the text. I believe by default the entity’s space is the bound box of its node, which is based on the geometry of that node.

I believe he is not using the physics conveyor. The collider property has an effect only in physics simulation.

The text set seems to make the bounding volume of the part bigger that will be taken into account by the path behavior.

Make the part 1mm smaller and add 1mm text, and you’ll get realistic bound volume size (or something like that). Or put the text on top of the part and make sure the text is shorter than the bounding box (now it would be a bit taller).

I even tried to create the text in UserGeometry container which is not pickable, but even that didn’t help. Also tried to create the text in a sub link. Also didn’t help :frowning: Sorry about that.

This is what I tried but didn’t help:

from vcScript import *

comp = getComponent()

def OnRun():
  creator = comp.findBehaviour('ComponentCreator')
  temp = creator.TemplateComponent
  node = temp.createNode(VC_NODE, 'NUMBER')
  node.Name = 'NUMBER'
  a = 0
  while True:
    part = creator.create()
    if part: 
      a+=1
      node = part.findNode('NUMBER')
      textset = node.UserGeometry.createGeometrySet(VC_TEXT3DSET)
      textset.Text = ''+str(a)
      mtx = textset.Matrix
      mtx.translateRel(0,0,part.BoundDiagonal.Z+part.BoundCenter.Z+1)
      mtx.scaleRel(50,50,50)
      textset.Matrix = mtx
      textset.update()
    delay(5)