Staubli emulator CS9

Hello,

Do you know how to get the username and password for a CS9 controller, or what these are meant to be to connect to the emulator? I have tried looking in the emulator in the Staubli robotics suite (Settings - Profiles), and there is a current profile as ‘Default’, with no password, and I am unsure if I am meant to have a password for this.

Thanks,
Lauren

Solved! I got feedback from Staubli. For anyone else who may have this issue:
-Right click on the SRS emulator of the robot you want to log in to, and select ‘Profile Editor’ (i.e. the controller under the robot in the ‘Cell Explorer’ window.)
-‘password’ and ‘connectionPassword’ need to be empty. Click on the password key, and a ‘new password’ window will appear. Leave this empty and click ‘ok’.
-Below, make sure that ‘ioWriteAccess’ is selected.
-Close the Profile Editor window, and save the new “default” profile.

A side note given by staubli was that “The “default” password is needed on CS9 to work with FTP so, by deleting the password, you will be unable to work with FILEZILLA for example.”

Lauren McGarry

1 Like

Hello,
With a CS9 emulator you have to enter password “default” for profile “Default”.

Best regards

Thanks, good to know there are alternatives!

Thanks Lauren!
I was going through the lesson “Offline Programming with Stäubli Robots” and I couldn’t find out why the Dinputs/outputs weren’t transmit between VC and SRS.

Can anybody add a note on the lesson to avoid somebody else wasting time trying to figure out why it does not work the example?

Both of the tutorials in Academy, help file, the add-on and post-processor are for CS8 controller. If you are using CS9 and SRS, you need to have basic understanding of the CS9 controller and SRS. Here are some tips for CS9 with SRS 2019 if you choose this route with VC 4.2.2:

1. The default profile for CS8 is not the same as CS9.
  2. The default profile does not have same permissions as maintenance profile, e.g. ioWriteAccess.
  3. When you create new profile, it should initially have same permissions as maintenance profile.
  4. You can quickly access profiles from SRS and the controller itself. For example, in SRS show the emulator and then click the button for users/profiles.
  5. If you cannot connect to the controller, you might be using wrong credentials, the controller or emulator might not be running, the port number might be wrong or blocked by firewall, or most important is robot in 3D world and in SRS cell are not the same and/or not supported by the CS9 controller.
  6. The add-on in Visual Components cannot tell you if something is configured wrong or not working SRS. From my experience, it is usually on the SRS side.
  7. FastIO is good for quick test, but you also have the option to show Physical IOs and then create VirtualIO board, which you can map to simulation in Visual Components without additional work.
  8. For grasp and release signal actions/SET OUTPUT for CS9, the robot in the SRS cell needs to have a valve, which then creates ValveIO. Map output of robot to the output of the valve. If the grasp and release is not working, check the profile permissions in SRS, e.g. 123Key…
  9. If you modify the cell in SRS, for example add IO board or valve, I recommend you disconnect and reconnect the controller in Visual Components to ensure the server structure updates in the map editor.
  10. If you want to use OPC UA server with the CS9 controller, it can connect to Visual Components via its OPC UA connection plugin. You need to check the network.cfx file for your cell in SRS to find the port number the OPC UA server is using, and then go from there.
  11. Safety IO, stopping behavior can be tested, but sometimes it requires additional software.
  12. Recording positional data in SRS and tracing is useful, especially if you do not have post-processor or want to do some analysis
  13. When real-time simulation is running SRS and there is active connection to Visual Components, be careful about start/stop simulation on both sides since this might sever the connection in some cases.
  14. For troubleshooting IO, remember the controller itself allows you to manually set IO based on your profile, and in some cases you might need to unlock an IO. You can also toggle signal values during simulation in Visual Components. Both approaches can also be used to verify IO values along with the Connected variables panel in Visual Components. In SRS, there is also a dio panel.

Hopefully, others who want to use the Stäubli add-on see this thread. I can try to help, yet what I know is all through trial and error and the documentation available.

Zesty, much appreciated all your info!
just to clarify it, I was using SRS 2016 to follow the tutorial. I assumed it was CS8