Simulate Process with Human, Machine and Robot

If you are using 4.1, you will need to turn on “Show Deprecated Components” in the eCatalog panel to find the Works Human component used in the tutorial.

Otherwise, open the layout of the tutorial, which will automatically download the components in the layout.

And then go here to find the component files:

C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.1\eCatalog\Current Layout</em>

NB! In 4.1 it does not look like the components are downloaded and stored permanently in a “Downloaded” folder anymore.

You also can try to make a new layout using the latest version of Works library. The locations of components in the eCatalog panel are different in 4.1.

• Works Process, Works Task Controller, and Works Lathe are in Models by Type > Works
  • Works Human v3 Anna is now Works Human Resource and is in Models by Type > Works Resources
  • Works Robot Controller is in Models by Type > Works Resources

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the lame question… I use your software quite frequently to simulate robotic applications in various ways but for the first time, I have been asked to do some factory layout “product flow” simulations. I inevitably just need to show a forklift taking products through various routes within a factory layout. I have been looking into resource models and found the forklift, human resource, Manager, and Anna. Walking through some of the guides I am able to get Anna to do some work and carry some parts around but I have not been able to find any documentation on how to get this forklift rolling. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What I need to do is fairly simple so I’m sure there is an easy way to go about this… Maybe someone has a template I can start from?

The forklift in this case is a tool, so for a Feed task, set its ToolName property to the name of the forklift. Did it work for your?

Yes, this did work, thank you! Next, I just need to get her to sit in the chair. I assume this is in Anna’s parameters but I’ve tried several different animations but no success.

annaparam.jpg

Wow, throwback Thursday. Take a look at this old tutorial, page 8. She should have a sitting manual work option, so just put a chair underneath her.

https://community.visualcomponents.net/Portals/0/Tutorials/2014/WorksHuman.pdf

In latest version of Works library, I know how to make her sit down, but I have no idea how to make her stay seated.

In latest version of Works library,do you a new works human manual?

Hopefully. Let’s see. I know teaching postures and carry positions is complicated, so a document or some sort would definitely help.

do you have a new works human manual?

No, but give me week and I’ll see what I can do.