Set Coordinate System Origin

Hi everyone,

I importated a CAD file which contained 3 elements. Via the separate tool I separated them. The problem is now that the origin of the coordinate system is the origin of the original CAD file. Which is not what I want. Is it possible to manually set the origin or drag it on a certain edge of the element?

Thanks!

Yes, on the Ribbon there is an Origin group of commands that allow you to snap or move the component origin. When using those commands, you are able to preview your changes before confirming them.

If I am not wrong this only works for 2D sketches right? I have a 3D model which I import and this is not shown in the drawing section where the origin ribbon is located.

If you import geometry, the geometry is stored in a new component. If the Home tab is active, select the component, and then use either the Snap Origin or Move Origin command. If the Modeling tab is active, in the Component Graph panel, select the root node of the component, and then use either the Snap Origin or Move Origin command.

Other than that, I do not know what you’re talking about.

Hi Zesty,

thanks, that’s it.