Python/.NET availability in KUKA.Sim

I intend to use KUKA.Sim 4.1 to implement a path planner, generate the robot program from the trajectory and simulate the whole thing. My plan was to create a Python/.NET plugin for that but I don’t know if the base KUKA.Sim 4.1 already includes that functionality or if the Modeling Add-On is necessary to write plugins. Does anyone know and is able to help me out? KUKA support hasn’t been too helpful on the issue so far…

It’s probably best to try to get answer from Kuka to this. Kuka uses different program editor and executor than VC robots. At the moment I don’t think they have any official APIs. There’s “kuka” python module on “Python/lib” folder in the app’s installation folder which you should be able to use to create KRL statements. It’s not documented but by looking at its contents you might get the idea on how to use it. But I don’t know if Kuka is going to have any long term support even for this python module.

-k

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info. I reckoned there might be some kind of workaround so I’ll definitely take a look at the Python/lib folder. According to their sales brochure the software is supposed to support Python 2.7 but they never specify if that is with or without the add-on. :smirk: