I’ve recently encountered an issue when products seem to ignore the code in the ProcessExectors. Or maybe it’s more that the product is not detected by the processing stations anymore.
The system I have is that a product gets processed, and then goes to a PASS- or FAIL-buffer. If the product goes to the FAIL-buffer it continues to a repair station.
When the products fail they go to the right place but none of the code executes, they just enter and exit immediately, and then they do the same in every subsequent station. Stations that have the product in it doesn’t recognize it as a product and still waits for a product to be transported in.
I’ve tried having a simple TransportIn, Delay, TransportOut but even that gets ignored by the affected product.
Does anybody know of any reasons this is happening? Have anyone encountered something similar and was able to fix it.
if the products ignore the routine in the process, it’s because they dont really enter the process. There are several ways this could happen:
the process is on a conveyor on which the products are being transported –> in most cases the TransportIn and TransportOut statements have to be set on “From/To Component Container” so that the incoming products really enter the process (–> see Layout Templates “Conveyors Container V To Next Process” in the eCatalog to learn more about the difference between the settings)
there is a step missing in the Process Flow Editor –> in this case the products will only enter the routine of the process steps shown in the Process Flow Editor, but might still be transported through other processes, without really entering them, if the steps are not linked by TransportLinks. This can also happen when several processes which are not parallel processes have the same name.
Hi Tilma!
Thanks for explaining. I don’t know if these two reasons are why my products are struggling though.
I think I’ve managed to pinpoint where things go wrong in my project though.
The product prints “PASS“ but doesn’t go to the right location, meaning that it ignores the change of flow steps. I’ve double checked that it’s the correct step and name. The product prints “PASS“ but doesn’t go to the right location, meaning that it ignores the change of flow steps. I’ve double checked that it’s the correct step and name. In addition to this I have another version of this project with a similar code(the part I’m struggling with right now is the exact same) which works fine.
The transports between processing stations are done with a mobile robot resource and I don’t see any issue with the Process Flow Editor or the transport links.
The problem was that I set the next Flowstep for the product to PASS. But there are three components to choose from in Flow Step PASS. The flow I have only allow for a product from ATE3 to go to PassStack3. But setting the flow step made the product want to go to PassStack1 or 2 which in turn messed everything up.
I fixed it by having an individual step for each stack, and each ATE assigns the flow step that corresponds to the correct stack.