Process Modelling & Blender-AddOn

Hy,

I unfortunately found out that my own made dynamic MaterialFlow-Component can’t be processed with animations made with Blender-AddOn!

In Works the dynamic changes of the geomtry take place, with PM it doesn’t… -> The geometry stays in the first state! :frowning:

This is a big step backwards for me.

Regards
Feature

Sounds like an issue in Blenderer, not in Process Modeling functionality of VC itself. :smile:

That’s also possible, I noticed it with a New created Simulation with PM. I was sad about it because it would be important.

Regards
Feature

Hy,

whereever the problem come from, it would be so aseome if it getting fixed! :slight_smile:

I’m using:
-Blenderer_2_1_0__2020_09_29 (Latest Blender AddOn)
-VC 4.2.2, Build 4.2.2.0 (Latest Version)

Thx & Regards
Feature

@captain_feature
Could you please attach sample file.

Hy emeritus,

I try to figure it out in detail where the problem came from (it’s a big layout with some sublayout in it) and try to keep the problem while remove some components which I am not allowed to share.

Then I share it here or with a PM to you…

Thank you meanwhile

Regards
Feature

Hy @emeritus,

After analyze the situation I found out that the reason is somewhere in the latest versions of Blender AddOn and makes no difference between Works an Process Modelling!

In the files attached you can see where is my problem…

In older Versions of Blender AddOn the change of geometry were exported to Blender-Videos.

I hope that the lovely Blender AddOn will do this in future again?! :slight_smile:

Thx & Regards
FeatureBlender_Test.vcax (75.1 KB) Blender_Test.vcmx (1.2 MB)

I don’t think that has ever worked in Blender addon. I’m not sure what you do in that script that is bytecoded, but I assume that you directly edit geometry feature tree. That doesn’t provide any event for blender addon. Also it is not recommended to edit that tree on simulation time. It is a performance killer.
Are you saying that the same layout you provided works with some old blender addon version so that you can see the geometry change? Which version does that?
Please model the product so that the geometry change can be represented in node (i.e. link) tree. See “Fast Product” in the ecat as an example. Alternatively you can use changetype statement in PM. Unfortunately blender addon doesn’t fully support yet the changetype statement :frowning:
Also it’s not recommended to have scripts in the dynamic components.

Please check this ‘tutorial’:
https://academy.visualcomponents.com/lessons/optimizing-simulation-performance/

Hy,

if I found time I will try to find out the BlenderAddOn-Version I thougth it was working but maybe I remember wrong. → If so it would be an fantastic extension… :slight_smile:

In times with works that was the only way to get my stuff done! In PM I have to find out if there are now ways without some python magic…

I will check your recomendations.

Thx & Regards
Feature