Picking multiple parts with AGV using PM

Hello,

I am trying to model a system where an agv picks 3 different parts at once and brings them to one process node where “assembly” can begin. So far I’ve tried using 3 separate feeders, 3 separate process nodes that create the parts, and one node that creates all the parts, all without any success. From the research I’ve been doing it seems there’s a way to do this with Works but I have no experience with works and would prefer to use PM if possible.

Any advice or help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey SSVC,

There’s actually a template layout that does roughly what you want to do. It just uses human transport over AGV but the logic should be almost identical. Check the pick and place layout in figure 1.

Figure 1

The layout also has some instructions on how to change the capacity and so on.

Lefa,
I did look at this layout and it does roughly do what I want my program to do. However this layout doesn’t work if you delete any of the destination(sink) process. In my layout ideally i’d have an AGV stopping at multiple feeders then bring all the parts to one process.

Would you happen to have any ideas on a way around this problem?

Hey

You probably want StartTransportIn in this case, see figure 1.

Figure 1

And here is the tutorial for the statement:

Thank you!!
That was exactly what I needed!