Could you please show me
- How/where to edit the "Pattern1" when using needcustompattern.
- How to use the multipicktasklist together with needcustompattern.
- How to control "creationinterval" similar to the advance feeder. I tried to use dummy process and delay to mimic the creation interval but I believe there should be a better way that I do not know of
Thank you in advance
A custom pattern is defined in a Works Task Control.
Multi-Pick Task List
- In the 3D world, select a Works Task Control, and then click its "Note" to access its editor.
- The editor will display a tab for defining custom patterns, so click that tab and refer to the shown syntax on how to name and define your own pattern.
- In the 3D world, select a Works Process, and then create a NeedCustomPattern task and set it to refer to your custom pattern.
Good luck. If I recall, the parts have to be within a certain size and distance from one another; otherwise the algorithm will prioritize and focus on placing the first picked part. Perhaps someone has a sample layout they can share about this.
If you want to create a part every five seconds, I think there is an option for this in the Properties panel > Task tab but others would know best approach.
Thank you for your reply.
I did add the need custom pattern and open the task note. But I could not find the custom pattern tab. (Picture as attached)
Wrong component. Select the “Works Task Control” component.
Is it possible to transport out every component in the custom pattern at the same time? They appear all at the same time but transport out one after the other, despite having no capacity limits on the conveyor and selecting transport out All = true.
Yes, merge the components before the transport out. Otherwise, they are treated as individual items not a batch.
Does this allow me to pick them with a robot directly from the conveyor? I imagine that they will be picked as a batch then too?
Example: I have 4 plates sitting next to each other with a certain ofset and they shall travel on the conveyor the same way but get picked individually by robots left and right of the conveyor.
Disabling SpaceUtilization and Accumulate on the Conveyor lets them travel on the conveyor but the WorksProcess blocks the transport of the next plate as long as the origin of the leaving plate is still on its surface.
Yes, they will be picked as a batch unless you use a Split task to unmerge them or grab them in a way that the parent of the batch is picked last.
Merge-Split-Feed-and-Need-Layout.vcmx (2.23 MB)