Merge Components

This command allows you to merge components together. Basically it merges the geometries of components into another.
This video shows how to use it:

Extract this zip file to My Commands folder:
MergeComponents.zip (2.8 KB)

Merge Components command can be then found in the 3d (RMB) context menu on Home tab.

6 Likes

Hi,emeritus:
My VC version is 4.1.The following error occurred when I used the Merge Components add-ons
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “file:///C:\Users\Lenovo\Documents\Visual Components\4.1\My Commands\MergeComponents\MergeCompLauncher.py::”, line 6, in
NameError: Attribute or method ‘PythonActionPanel’ not found. "
Do you have any idea what this is about that

Hello there,
sorry WongXY I’ve no answer for you. :no_mouth:
I just wanted to note a little tip here: I experimented several shifts when I merged several components containing transforms without expressions and all pivots coordinates set to 0.
(same effect if I collapsed the transform inside one component)
I dealt with it by exporting all components selected to one DWG, then reimported it again, and voilĂ !
Don’t know if it’s a bug, or something

test_cover.vcmx (82.8 KB)

I used this to merge 3 basic shapes, but I still can’t make the completed part come out of a feeder. It only allows me to select one of the parts. Any ideas on how I can make a custom part (from basic shapes) and use that new part from a feeder?

Hi!
After using this feature to merge two components, I’m no longer able to create new translational joints on the resulting component. After I create a joint, the ‘JointType’ drop-down is blocked, and when hovering the mouse on it, it says ‘editing is not allowed when one or more interfaces of the component are connected’. Any ideas?