Machine Wizard

Machine Wizard can be used to turn a CAD geometry into a simulation-ready machine to be used with PLC-control, Works library and Process Modeling. This wizard magically creates the necessary Properties, Behaviors and Features for your convenience. The wizard requires Visual Components Professional / Premium 4.3 or newer.

How to use:

In order to use this wizard, you need to have a component, e.g. a geometry model of a machine that is either created in Visual Components or imported from a CAD software. The component should have the Link Structure and Joints configured for the best result.

When the links are configured, you can open the Machine Wizard. Select the node, or the location, where the machined parts will be placed on. You can also decide which functionalities you want to add to the machine. Once you have made the selections, you can create all of the required properties, behaviors, and features with a push of a button. All that you need to do to finalize the machine is to move the frames such as product and resource location to desirable places, and you are ready to test the machine.

This video shows you how to turn imported CAD geometry to a fully functional machine in one minute.

Edit:
The machine wizard is now built-in with Visual Components 4.3.
This thread can be used for discussing machine wizard features, usage, and improvement ideas.

2 Likes

Hello Este, do you think that there is any way you could share a demonstration of how to use it. I know that the intention is so any random geometry is imported so an example wouldn’t really cover every possibility but I am not as familiar when it comes to adding joints for example. and a simple demonstration I think would help at least get the ball rolling. regardless the concept of this add on is amazing Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback!
I made a new video showing the step-by-step process that I use to create a new machine from a CAD model.

1 Like