KUKA connectivity options

Hello,

We have VC 4.3 Premium that we are using mainly for virtual commisioning and digital twin purposes.

We have worked with FANUC but the next projects will integrate KUKA robots. Our idea is to buy OfficeLite and connect the virtual controller to VC as we did with FANUC Roboguide. Is this enough? What are the connectivity options with OfficeLite.

Regards!

Hi,

I’ve used OPC.UA to connect VC to OfficeLite. Then the Kuka System Software option was called “Kuka.OPC UA”. But I heard that now the OPC.UA would be included in option “Device Connector”.

-k

Hi Keke,

Thanks for your fast reply! It’s good to know that we have OPC UA option in the robots and that it works in OfficeLite.

As KUKA has a very strong relationship with VC, I was expecting a “better” communication option, we experienced very laggy communications when using OPC UA with Roboguide.

Regards!

No there’s no other option for Kuka at the moment. In Kuka.Sim 3.1 there’s this inbuilt channel for OfficeLite but it’s not available on VC products. For me OPC.UA worked quite well with OfficeLite.

-k

1 Like

hello,can you tell me how to connect FANUC roboguide with VC through the OPC UA server? I have roboguide v9.0,but it seems that it only has the OPC Server?

Hi @killyouz, you should be able to discover the Roboguide OPC UA server on:
opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:4880/FANUC/NanoUaServer

Have a look on this thread:

Regards,