Indexing Conveyors

Hello
Currently the VC model I am using consist of a conveyor and a box feeder. This is just a test model since I plan on using this concept (if it works) in a bigger VC assembly model.
The question I want to ask is if there’s a way in which I can achieve an indexing motion for my conveyor.
Some critical conditions being:
The cycle time has to be 9 s and the distance between the 2 boxes has to be 24 inches.
I did try a variety of combination of sensors and robots but haven’t been able to get the indexing conveyor to work.
Any kind of notes or tips would really be helpful and very much appreciated.

Thank You

You could use the Carrier Indexing Conveyor from the PM Flow Components folder in Visual Components 4.4.

Simple example attached.
Index_example.vcmx (279.8 KB)

When I tried the example, it worked, but when I go to Process, it says that it needs an Upgrade (I tried it with 4.6 and 4.7). After the upgrade, the flow does not work anymore.
I tried replacing it with the indexing conveyor in the eCatalog, but this did not help.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Regards,
Jürgen

Index_example_with_upgrade.vcmx (271.2 KB)

I got it to work by adding a second Index Process in the flow. The reason is that the product goes to two different index processes (the first and the last).

2 Likes

This transmission line can only connect the process on the upper surface, how can it connect the process on the bottom

This also worked for me.