Import ABB Robot Program to VC

I now have a ABB robot program files (mod), the robot’s motion, linear motion program to import, I tried to not have a problem, but there have a lot of logic, pickle involve the input and output, I now want to import the application in VC, how should i do?
regards

Hi,

Have you tried using the Pre-Processor addon?

I have tried this. There is no problem with the path import and export, but there are a lot of I/O signals in it, so it cannot be imported directly. Is there a good solution for this?
regards

For importing you can modify the mapping on ABB_mod.py on lines 72 and 73.

In ABB you have signal aliases such as doProcessOn but on VC IOs are only ports as integers. And you can define a mapping so for example ‘doProcessOn’:17 means that doProcessOn on RAPID module will be imported as output port 17 in VC model. So those mappings in the python source are dictionaries and the syntax for string:integer dictionary is is like this:

my_dict = { 'key1':1, 'key2':2, 'key3':3 }

For exporting wit hour post-processor there’ no mapping feature like this at the moment but all signals are written as ‘do’/‘di’ + port. So ‘do17’ for example for VC output 17. You should manually replace those aliases on RAPID editor in RobotStudio.

-k