Human resource management

Hi,

I would like a human resource to pick a product from a “Vertical Stack Buffer” and then bring it to another one.

I know how to model this on 3D Create 2012 using a “machineTending ResourceManager”, a “MachineTending Inlet” and a “MachineTending Outlet” and a “PathWay”.
I was able to connect the components and define the process Stages through the General tab of the “MachineTending ResourceManager”, but it seems like it is not possible anymore on Virtual Components 4.0.

Is this still possible on Virtual Components Premium 4.0?

Do I have to use the Works Library?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Those components still work in 4.0.

I don’t know why the buffer and inlet are having issues with one another. Seems like the inlet is getting the part, but then the part exits the path and disappears. (see the attached layout)

Machine-Tending-Buffering-Layout.vcmx (11 MB)

Thank you very much for your answer.

I already had this problem with the inlet and buffer, I was able to bypass it by chosing “Origin” on the TriggerComponentArrivalAt scrolling button of the inlet.

However, Could you explain to me how did you connect all the components?
I can’t see any “connect” button on the MachineTendingManager interface as I could have on 3D create (see screenshots attached).

Thank you for your time.

Good job. Setting TriggerComponentArrivalAt to Origin fixed the issue and the layout I attached early now works and does what you want.

For remotely connecting interfaces,

1. On the Home tab, in the Show group, select the Interfaces check box.
  2. In the 3D world, select a component. If the component has abstract interfaces they will be displayed and you can wire them to other components with compatible interfaces.

In Help file go to “Tasks > Components > Remotely Connecting Components” to learn more.

Alright, thank you very much for your help!