Human pick-frame

Hy,

humans do not respect a pick-frame in the product like robots do? → It seems that the origin of the product is relevant for the human transport…

Is there a way to do give a human the pick position over the product?

Thx & Regards
Feature

Hey,

Isn’t it resource location? If I recall correctly the pick position is looking for that frame and tries to align itself so it faces towards the X-axis of the resource location frame. If you want the human to actually “grab” it and not just extend the hands forward and wait for the product to fly towards it, I don’t think there’s any other way than outside the box or pyscript to do it.

br
Lefa

Hy,

I want that the product brings the grab position with it like the pickframe for robots do… → I wonder if that old lovely function doesn’t find the way to humans! :wink:

Scripting is the last option! :wink:

Regards
Feature

Hey,

I am assuming that you want the human operator to stand at some point, while the product itself is not in the default location (as in somewhere else than between the hands of the operator) and you want to drop the product from the operator somewhere. In short → operator walks to resource location and holds the product somewhere else and then the product goes to another process through a pre-set frame?

The tool option you have now that you set to product_property → vcMatrix is just scanning if the product has a property that is that same vcMatrix, usually it is used to check for a productID that can be a string or a number. If they match → operator grabs that tool.

I guess you could make a custom tool that is invisible, this way the product will be at a different location than the default and it would go from that non-default location towards the next process. All-in-all I think some hacky implementations are most likely needed.

Regardless, I can try to ask around and see if there’s an easy solution.

Does this not work?

Just to confirm your initial findings, the human operator does not use inverse kinematics so it ignores these pick-frames.

BR,
Lefa

Hy @Lefa,

No because the TransportLocation defines the position of the product by offset from the humans origin:

But the product is always aligend to it by its origin:

Beautiful would be if the pick-frame would be used instead of the products origin… → So every product could bring its pick position with it individually! :slight_smile:

That makes sense or not?

Thx & Regards
Feature

Wooohaaaaaaaaa I solved it!

Regards
Feature

3 Likes