How to use sensor-detected part position and angle for dynamic picking in KUKA.Sim?

Hello,

I am developing a dynamic pick application in KUKA.Sim using a KR 240 R2500 prime robot.

I have a sensor that can detect a part on a table. The problem is that the part does not always arrive in exactly the same position or orientation.

The sensor can already determine information such as:

  • Part X position
  • Part Y position
  • Part rotation angle
  • Part detected / valid result

For example, the same part may arrive at different angles:

0°, 15°, 30°, -20°, etc.

My problem is understanding how to use this information so that the KUKA robot can automatically pick the part.

At the moment, I can create a fixed pick point using PTP/LIN, but this only works when the part is always in the same position and orientation.

I am trying to understand the correct way to implement this in KUKA/KRL and KUKA.Sim.

Project.vcmx (6.9 MB)