How to import VCMX in Unity ?

Hello all,

I would like to import my vcmx files into Unity with animation. Right now, I use the Blender addon and then import the blender files in unity but I loose my color… and it takes time to do that

I think there is a solution with the vcax file because when I use the application VC Experience, I see that it is powered by Unity, so is anybody know the way to do import all the file in Unity ?

Hello

In VC Experience, we have our own internal file reader / parser for VCAX file format.

You have couple options:

1: Unity natively imports Blender files. This works under the hood by using the Blender FBX exporter. This should retain material etc.

2: Full asset. From Blender, save the project. In Unity Import a new Asset and choose the .blend file (this should work, but I did not test this).

3: Create Your own 3d model + animation recorder. Can be done (like Blender addon and Experience), but a lot of work

Hope this helps

Hi AMG, How can you export blender files with Blender addon? The only way i found to use it at the moment is to render still images? So what is the path right path to export animated / simulated models from Visual Components to Unity ?

Thanks, Olli

Hi Opaa,
I think i found my own solution about this.

• In blender adds-on you need to go to “advanced” tab and check the “open in blender” box.
  • Then go to animation check the “recAnimation”. Modify Start and Stop based on your simulation time.
  • run simulation
  • after it stopped hit “render animation”
  • it will open animation in blender". save as project as .blend format.
  • then import it as asset in Unity.
  • If you have a camera by your project remember disable blender scene camera.
  • In “Rig” tab, get sure that animation type is “legacy” and generation is “store in Root”
  • i put my animation in loop mode, and for control pause and start action i manage it in my code.