How do I display the logo in a custom component?

Hi,

I need to display the logo on my component. and I added a custom material. It didn’t display the logo when I used it in my component , but I used the Moulding Machine component and assign the material for it, the logo can be displayed normally. How do I display the logo in a custom component?

In the Help file, go to " Tasks > Modeling > Materials " and review the topics on adding decals and textures.

Option A

If the logo is a geometry file, you could import it, and then copy and paste it in the machine, and then reposition the geometry.

Option B

The Add Decal tool creates a Geometry feature that acts as a container and placeholder for a logo. I don’t remember, but I think the placeholder can be assigned the material and all should be well; otherwise, just import the logo geometry, and then add it to the placeholder Geometry feature in the machine.

Option C

Assign the custom material, and then use the Add Texture tool to scale and resize the logo. I don’t remember, but I think you need to set the texture first, and then assign the material.

Note: I would recommend you try option B and then C. However, save a backup of the machine!

Thanks for your answer, I Use the decal tool to generate a geometry and then assign my material for it

Hi, If you need use your logo in flat zone, I use the picture Frame and copy the geometry from this component in the component required after selected the image with the logo in the Picture Frame.

1 Like

Hey, we are also using the picture frame for 2D Logos. The problem that I am facing at the moment is that if I am using the blenderer redering add-in the picture frame is always without the picture. Any ideas? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @aetmaen I know it’s late, but what is the extension of this picture file ?
BTW a cool thing I discovered is that the picture frame feature supports image transparency, instead of the decal tool.
But saddly transparency is not supported by the Blender plugin.

Hy,

not directly but you can export your stuff to blender and there you have to manipulate the material by hand…

Regards
Feature

Yeah of course, I can do this, but I hoped there would be a less steps way to do this. :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess the Blender plugin should be updated to support material transparency

That would be really great! :grin: