How can I Customize PM resources with my own models

As the title describes, I want to use my own model to customize PM resources, is there any related tutorial or documentation? thanks~

Apologies for the necromancy, but I had the same question yesterday and couldnā€™t find a solution, but I solved it myself (sort of). Itā€™s a bit messy, so if anyone knows a better way of doing it, please share.

Anyway, hereā€™s ā€œaā€ solution:

Import Your Model
Open Modeling tab, and chose Import Geometry. Find your model (browse) and hit ā€˜Importā€™

If you need to scale the model, select Root [Your model name] in the Component Graph to the left. Select Features from the menu above, and add Transform. With the new Transform selected, enter Sx(scale you need).Sy(scale you need).Sz(scale you need) into the Expression to the right, ex: Sx(3).Sy(3).Sz(3) is 3 times larger (Or, 27 times rather)ā€¦
If you need to rotate it, add another Transform, but write Rx(90).Ry(0).Rz(0) as the expression instead (with the angles you need).

Then drag everything else under Root (Everything that came with your model) behind the last Transform you added. Your model should be resized and rotated.

Replace Forklift Model
Drag and drop a forklift to the layout. Use the Transforms youā€™ve added previously to orient your own model in the same direction as the forklift. The shift-click and select everything under your model Root and copy.

Select the forklift, and under its Root, delete everything. Then paste what you copied from your own model. You will see some parts of the forklift still remain.

Expand the ā€˜Forklift Resourceā€™ in the top view of the Component Graph, youā€™ll see two blue linked parts: Fork and Status.

Select ā€˜Statusā€™ and there are new stuff under Rootā€¦ Delete everything.

Select ā€˜Forkā€™ and delete everything under its Root. Now expand ā€˜Forkā€™ and youā€™ll see two more linked parts: Mast and TransportNode.

Select ā€˜Mastā€™ and delete everything under its Root, but leave TransportNode unchanged.

Click Save-As, and save the edited forklift to Documents\Visual Components\4.5\My Models

You now have a working vehicle that does everything the forklift does, without its animations of course.

Just connect it to a vehicle controller and off it goes.

2 Likes