If you need to know how to access and manipulate statements in a robot program, go to Help File > Reference Guide > Python API > vcStatement.
- Basic statements are of type vcStatement.
- An If statement is of type vcIfStatement.
- A While statement is of type vcScopeStatement.
- A motion type statement is a vcMotionStatement
- In terms of "SCOPE", this is a collection of statements for a routine or conditional statement.
- An If statement would have Condition, ThenScope and ElseScope properties in API.
- A While statement would have Condition and Scope properties in API.
- Currently, you cannot move statements from one scope to another in Python API but you can in .NET API.