Forklift Transport with Inertia

Dear Community,

I would like to try using the physics engine of Visual Components on mobile resources (Forklifts).

I could not find any tutorials about it and the Template Layouts / Layouts in the e-catalog do not cover resources.

I would like to test a simple inertia model on the pallet to see at what Forklift turn speed, emergency stop speed, the boxes tumble over.
Seems VC struggles with multiple colliders and a stack of boxes might be the worst exploding nightmare.

Is there any way to model this behaviour in VC?

Attached are a reference VCMX model and a screen shot.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Forklift inertia.vcmx (2.0 MB)

This is not something VC are good at, at least in my opinion. If you are simulating physics, I recommend considering finite element or animation software.

You need to split the geometry, set the collider as ‘Precise’, and the simulation speed affects the result, so stick with the same simulation speed.

1 Like