Component Path Sensor signal not resetting

I could use some help troubleshooting this, I am at a loss.

I’ve modeled various conveyors, and each have 4 path sensors acting as prox sensors.
I have one conveyor, where two sensors are not resetting as they should.
You can see in this video that when the part enters Conv4, all Pxs turn on, but when the part leaves, Px2 and Px3 stay on:

As far as I can tell, all of these are modeled the same:

Any ideas?

So I now realize what the issue is. The part comes on to this conveyor forward, and then leaves it backward. Thus the trailing edge never passes the sensor, and it does not get reset.

Any ideas on how to get around this? I’ve tired changing it to reset on leading edge and origin with no success.

Maybe reseting it “manually” in the script OnSignal()?

1 Like

I tried that initially and it worked, but not the most reliably.

Ultimately my solution was to change them to raycast sensors which don’t care about leading, trailing edge, etc.

If you reset those Px2 and Px3 when Px1 turns to false why isn’t it reliable? Raycasts are good but slow down simulation. Remember to turn those off when not in use.

1 Like

I did not realize raycasts slowed down the sim, I’ll keep that in mind, thank you.

The problem is that PLC code that I’m working with needs a specific order/timing of signals and it doesn’t like the 3 Pxs turning off all at once.

1 Like