CameraFollowComponent

This command can be used to lock the camera to a (dynamic) component to follow it during simulation.

#UPDATE 29-02-2020

-the component does not need to be selected and highlighted anymore

-user can select the component from drop-down menu, or select in 3D, then launch the command. There is not yet interactive picking yet, unfortunately.

-user can attach the camera position the component. This will move the camera position in 3D by keeping the same offset to the followed component, but does not lock it. It is still possible to navigate the view.

-property names has been changed

CameraFollowComponent_2020_02_29.zip (1.88 KB)

very good!

Great AddOn, thanks!

For some reason my “Camera.Eye” is updated as soon as “Camera.Coi” changes.

This results in my camera always moving parallel to the object I selected.

I don’t know why this happens but I’m now making a backup of the eye position in order to reset it after the Coi changed. With this change my camera follows the object without changing it’s eye position.

Maybe it helps someone:

eye = vcVector.new(camera.Eye) camera.Coi = origin.P + atX + atY + atZ camera.Eye = eye

Hello.

Is it possible to combine CameraFollowComponent with views made with camera animator? For instance, view1, view2, follow a component for 5s, view3, etc. I’ve been trying to get it to work through python API but I’m stuck.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Thanks for the great add-on el_prinz!

Along with blenderer It enabled me to make this great video.

https://visualcomponents.sharefile.com/d-s526d52eed964196b

Hi,

@Johnny, I made an update to the command which where attaching the camera to the component in optional. The previous version it was always attached. Please check it out.

@raWK, that would be a nice improvement tot the command. The problem is that typically those components that the camera follows are dynamic, so you cannot refer to them before they are created. The name of the component is not unique for dynamic components either. Do you have an idea how to solve this?

@Este, nice video indeed! Thanks for posting it!

@rawk, that would be a nice improvement tot the command. The problem is that typically those components that the camera follows are dynamic, so you cannot refer to them before they are created. The name of the component is not unique for dynamic components either. Do you have an idea how to solve this?
I thought it was possible to manage camera animator in OnRun event (but couldn't find a way to do it). That way you wouldn't have to refer to components before they are created. I would then refer to object instances of those dynamic components and use some of your command's code to follow components.

At the moment I don’t have any idea how to incorporate this feature in the command itself.

@el_prinz

1.do we have to create the views to make this work?

2.or it dynamically follows the object?

if 2, then where do i specify which part to follow in the logic?

Thank you.