Blender AddOn -> How to build hdr-Files

Hy,

I’m a happy user of the Blender AddOn. There are some predefined hdr-Files in the folder of the AddOn:

But how to create new awesome custom hdr-files?

Mabe someone knows if its possible to convert c4d (cinema4d)-files to hdr?

Thx & Regars
Feature

If you want to try different hdr images there are a bunch of free ones here: Polyhaven HDRIs

I haven’t created any custom HDRIs but I’ve seen lots of tutorials on the topic. My impression is that a good HDRI requires quite a lot of work.

Is the reason for creating a custom HDRI to get lighting that matches a physical environment, or to create an environment texture to use as background, or both?

Hy,

I just want to create a hdr based on our companies styleguide. → The targest for me is that the background should move with the cameramovements…

I attached a simple demovideo with a standard-hdr to see what I mean.

I hope there is an almost easy way? → In our company we have this for other renderings available as cinema4d-files but how to cenvert it even if its possible?

May you have some links to the tutorials?

Thx & Regards
Feature

HDRI backgrounds usually works fine with still renderings, but a moving camera breaks the illusion.

If you still want to go with an HDRI background you could try and map the HDRI on the inside of a huge sphere (which will act as your environment) but it’s still tricky to get the floor and ceiling to not look weird because of the deflection in the top and bottom of the HDRI. Adding a floor plane for the robot to stand on (and cast shadows on) will make the robot “sit” better in the environment, but then you have the issue of stitching the floor and HDRI together in a seamless way, which doesn’t work for any environment. Usually outdoor HDRIs (with fewer details and with horizons) get better results with this technique.

After having tried the HDRI + sphere approach together with a moving camera I eventually gave up. Instead I shot a video of the workshop floor and tracked the camera motion in Blender. Motion tracking is a different story though…

Hy,

same to me… :frowning:

I hoped for an easy an usable way to create such hdr for creating awesome moving videos with Blender-AddOn…

Thx & Regards
Feature