Quickly simplify the layout (cleanup add-on)

Hello, everyone! I’m proud to share a plugin here (cleanup add-on). I didn’t create this, someone else did, and I just modified a small part of it. This can quickly simplify the layout or component, while exporting files such as FBX are getting smaller. I share this so that you can simplify the layout and components, and I also welcome you to try to modify the code for a better simplified experience. Meanwhile, thanks again to the author of this plugin. If he thinks my sharing is not appropriate, I will also delete it as soon as possible.

At the same time, I also welcome everyone to develop to simplify the VC layout and components, and experience better VC use.

Cleanup(1).zip (136.0 KB)

2 Likes

Neat addon, thanks for sharing!

Can you add some example of how to use this? I tried and got some messages in the output about nice simplification numbers, but the geometries still did not update.

Hi!
I just saw this message. sorry! For example, include:Whole layout, Target Medium 50%, click Simplify, then you can save a new layout and see that the file is smaller. The differences vary and may require separate parameters in python, which are not 100% effective in all cases. You can try it.