VC 4.3-Python References are Missing in Helpfile

Hy,

I have an german Installation of VC 4.3 and if I search for example “vcMatrix” in Help-File it shows nothing…

Thx & Regars
Feature

Hi,

Which build version of the software are you using?
Can you check the installation folder for these help files?

Hy,

Thx & Regards
Feature

Hi,

Looks like some of the files are missing :thinking:

Try downloading these files and adding them to this folder.

PublicAPI.chm (30.1 MB)
Python_API.chm (2.4 MB)
Help_German.chm (18.9 MB)

Since the files do not originate from your installation package, you might need to go to the file properties and tell windows that these files can be trusted.
This can be done by right-clicking the files and going to Properties and giving the necessary rights.

1 Like

If someone participated in Visual Components 4.3 beta, do the following:

1. Uninstall the 4.3 beta.
  2. Download Visual Components 4.3 from the Visual Components website.
  3. Install 4.3.

If you are upgrading to Visual components 4.3, do the following:

1. Download Visual Components 4.3 from the Visual Components website.
  2. Install 4.3.

If you cannot access Help file and reference guides for Visual Components 4.3, do the following:

1. Go to the program files of Visual Components 4.3.
  2. Verify you have a Help file for each supported language as well as Python API and Public API files.
  3. If you are missing one or more of those files, run the 4.3 installer again.
  4. If running the installer again did not fix the issue, add the files provided by Este and the step given on how to unlock the security issue with CHM files.

Myself and others could not reproduce the issue reported in OP. The installer does generate a log, but that is something to forward to VC support. For example, the log file should contain something like this:

[01/26/2021 14:51:51] Success Install archive file: C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Professional 4.3\Help\Help_German.chm

If that is not in log, then something went wrong.