Use of Circular Saw

Hi all,

So I am new to VC and am using version 4.1 for a uni module.
I want to take a piece of raw stock 520mm in length and run it through the Circular Saw to split it into 100mm pieces (with a BladeThickness of 5mm).

I’ve created the raw stock and 100mm piece as VC components, I have a work process creating and passing the raw stock to the circular saw and under “ComponentCreator” of the saw I’ve input the 100mm part but when I try to simulate it, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "CircularSaw::PythonScript", line 32, in OnRun AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Value'

It looks like the script is failing to get the 100mm piece part length, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Could someone point out what I am missing or explain how to use the saw properly?

EDIT: Here is the file if it helps
CircularSaw.vcmx (293.5 KB)

Cheers,
Jordan

The problem i noticed in your code is, you act like your template component is created already. If you wanna change your template component properties you need to create it first. Because if there isnt any component created, there arent any properties to modify too.

1 Like

RawStock does not have any properties, so when you call getProperty(), it returns None.
Create a component property for your parts and that should get you forward.

Thanks, both!

This is a Visual Components part and so not my code and I am not too familiar with Python. Is there a way that I could inherit the part properties (X,Y,Z) directly from the component?

Hi again.
As i said before you can define those parameters like you did in your coding. But before you define those parameters you have to create that component. Otherwise you cant handle any parameter.

1. Create component
  2. Define parameters