Impossible to do container.grab in the OnHeartBeat-Event

Hello,

I tried to do a componentContainer.grab() in the OnHeartBeat-Event of a servoController and get following message from the phyton-script…

“RuntimeError: Exception occurred during method execution: Attempt to change node hierarchy when the hierarchy is locked”

What means “hierarchy is locked” and is there a way to solve this? -> Is important for me… :frowning:

Thx & Regards

Feature

Hy,

some additional information: The componentContainer I would grab into is located in the Link which drives the servo I subscribed the OnHeartbeat!

Thx & Regards

Feature

Hi,

Just for my information, you have a ComponentContainer in the linkbehaviours tab and you control that link by a servo controller?

What do you want to grab (or what do you want to put in your component creater?

Can you share a screenshot or can you share the file so it would be better to understand what you want?

Thanks

Hy Aj,

Just for my information, you have a ComponentContainer in the linkbehaviours tab and you control that link by a servo controller?
Jes thats what I do!

The link “Abschieber” is controlled by a servoController and do simple linear movements…

In Phyton-Script I subscribed to the “OnHeartBeat”-Event of the servoController!

When the Event is happening (and some other conditions are met) I want to grab a component from another componentContainer to the “ComponentContainer” and thats where I get the mentioned Error!

Thx & Regards

Feature

Okay, I made a quick file to show how I grab parts with a container and even transfer from container to container and control it with a link.

It is an easy example but I hope it will help you.

Gripper-container-to-container.vcmx (258 KB)