How to make the product interact with the system

Hello,
I was modeling a system where I have imported a SolidWorks model from a real system and I gave it an specific behavior, so there is a part that works as a vertical conveyor. I have created all the signals, servos, etc. And it seems to work fine.
My problem is that I want that vertical conveyor to elevate a product, but I dont know how. I’ve tried to create the geometry of the product with different types of physics (box, precise, cinematics, inPhysics…). But it always do the same, the geometry of the conveyor goes through the product.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello, please upload the .vcmx file.
Regards, msd

Hi,

Did you find a way to solve this? I am trying to learn how to do this as well.

Thank you in advance

You mean something like this? You could also do the same by using grab instead of connecting in the script.
Elevator.vcmx (8.2 MB)

1 Like

Yes, Could you explain to me as beginner how you created it?

I’ll delegate to explanation bit to William. See the Academy session on modeling. It’s a bit more simple case but the same logic.

1 Like

Thank you! It helps alot.

I have one more beginner question, I cant see that William did put To conveyor process node or from conveyor process node on any conveyor.

I dont remember where i saw this but they put these process node and now i wonder why do we have to put it we can run it with using these nodes. Short question what are these process nodes for?

1 Like

It didnt explain much in the video…

Thanks anyway.

2023-08-03 Testing concept Signal Relay 2.1.vcmx (389.9 KB)

If you have time, could you look into this model of mine. In line 3 i have trouble with From Conveyor that does not send forward material. I cant find out the reason. It did in line 1 but not line 3…

Well, if you take a look at the nunerous videos in the Academy on Process Modeling …

You haven’t defined the Flow for Flowgroup #2.