Emergency Stop

You can have ramps by playing around with MaxAcceleration and MaxDeceleration properties. For example if you suspendRun() and wan’t to decelerate, you can set the MaxAcceleration to really high number and calculate a target position for the deceleration based in the MaxDeceleration and MaxSpeed value and then move to the target. This of course assumes that you begin decelerating at the MaxSpeed and have no Lag- or SettleTime.

I admit, it’s not ideal, but you can do it if you definitely need it :wink:

Hey there,

I wondered if there’s been any improvement in the way of simulating an emergency stop or if the suspendRun() is still the best shot. If so, it would be really helpful if you could explain a bit further how to play with acceleration/deceleration properties to decelerate the component.

Thanks a lot,

EmergencyStopForRobotExecutor-1.vcmx I think you should get the next position of the robot program in the python script,not the current servo location
a1

Hi, did this example work on previous versions? I am using 4.3 and it is not working as mentioned here. It DOES stop the robot movement, but it does NOT restart at all. Once the executor.IsEnable is set to True, it does not continue executing the statements. Do you happen to know why could that be happening with the new version 4.3? I would highly appreciated if you could help me.
Thanks in advanced!

2 Likes

I also met this problem, did you solve it yet?

Did anyone manage to start the robot after stopping it?
(Version: 4.5 Premium)