Create a statistics tab with '4-Column 2-Row Regular Dashboard' Layout

I want to initialize some statistic tabs at the start of the simulation. I want to create them dynamically with Python scripts, because the amount of chart depend on how many machines I use. I try to create all charts on a single statistics tab, but no matter what I try, I always end up with a ‘1-Column 1-Row Regular Dashboard’ layout.

How to create a tab with for example the ‘4-Column 2-Row Regular Dashboard’ layout via a Python script?

edit: When I try to access any chart other than the one at index 0, I get the error:

NetInvoke: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at VisualComponents.Revolution.NetProxyWrapper.NetInvokeInternal(Int32 type, Void* param1, Void* param2, Void* param3)
at VisualComponents.Revolution.NetProxyWrapper.NetInvokeHandler(Int32 type, Void* param1, Void* param2, Void* param3)

Editing the dashboard layout while simulation is running (or starting) might not be supported.
I’m not familiar with that API, but it seems maybe you would need to create a vcStatisticsTab, then change its MaxRows and MaxColumns values and call createLayout() on the tab before creating the charts to it.

You can see how the built-in charts are implemented from the scripts at e.g.:
C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.4\Python\Commands\Statistics

Issue has been solved. The way to go was: tab.SelectedLayout = 5.
Also, initiating them before the simulation start was a good suggestion!