Blender Addon - Blenderer

Hi all.

Amazing Plugin!

I have a problem with transparent colors.

In VC I can see the transparency, once rendered this turn to solid.

I miss something?

Thanks

@gunny8

attach an example layout

The Glass of the attached machine should be transparent

Thanks

Tornio.vcmx (491 KB)

what is the problem, please.

I want to use Blender with KUKA SIM. I installed Blender 2.82 and the plugin Blenderer_2_0_2__2019_12_12. However it didtn work so I changed the line #16 to
blender_exe_uri = r’C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\blender.exe’
The render button still doesn’t work…Any idea what could be the problem?
THanks

Sorry for the slow answer. We’ll try to improve how the transparencies are handled. The opacity for tinned materials in eevee (render engine used in blender) are more sensitive and it easily looks like there’s no transparency.
For the time being you can use less tinned materials for your glass to have it more transparent. E.g. default non tinned glass materials from material library in VC.

No problem.
I have solved rendering in blender.

To solve I have changed this on material.

Immagine

4 Likes

Hello

OLD 2.0.1 link is broken.

I got the following error please help:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “file:///C:\Users\jeewa\OneDrive\Documents\Visual Components\4.2\My Commands\Blenderer_2_0_2__2019_12_12\Blenderer.py::”, line 676, in CallStill
File “file:///C:\Users\jeewa\OneDrive\Documents\Visual Components\4.2\My Commands\Blenderer_2_0_2__2019_12_12\Blenderer.py::”, line 815, in CallBlender
File “C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.2\Python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 672, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.2\Python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 882, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I also tried addon by dragging init from another local folder but same type of error is shown’

File “file:///C:\Users\me\Documents\Visual Components\4.2\My Commands\Blenderer_2_0_2__2019_12_12\Blenderer.py::”, line 676, in CallStill
File “file:///C:\Users\me\Documents\Visual Components\4.2\My Commands\Blenderer_2_0_2__2019_12_12\Blenderer.py::”, line 815, in CallBlender
File “C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.2\Python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 672, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Premium 4.2\Python\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 882, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am getting this error when I click on “Render”, I’ve checked the file destinations and everything seems to be in order, is there a solution to this?

Hi,

Did you check this note on OP?

The plugin assumes that the Blender software is installed to a specific path. The path must be:

• “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.81\blender.exe”
  • If you want to use another Blender installation path, edit the blender_exe_uri variable in the Blenderer.py script on line #16. The file can be found in the Blender plugin after extracting the zip into the My Commands folder.

Lastest Blender is 2.82 and add-on assumes version 2.81 so path may need to be changed to match the installed version.

-k

I try to export program as animation for Unity. Rendering to blender and animation works in blender. i follow guidelines on youtube to export it to unity, but when i add asset to the Unity project it does not have animation data

Either export the file as an fbx with animations included or just save your layout as a blender-file and import that in unity

New version 2.0.3 available.
Render awesome weld scenes with the new sparks emitter. Read the provided documentation in the original post. The emitter is explained on the Lights tab.
I’ll try to add a how-to-video-soon.
In a nut shell it does this:

4 Likes
  • Can you share a spark generator

The Spark generator is in the latest addon package. Just download it using the link provided in the original post. Then you’ll find a button on the Lights tab to add the Sparks emitter.

Hi! Since the 2.0.3 Update i’m getting the following error when rendering. Any ideas?

File "file:///L:\Simulation\02_Robotersimulation\09_MySimulation\GB_ProgramData\MyCommands_VC\Blenderer_2_0_3__2020_06_01_Blender2.82\Blenderer.py::", line 682, in CallStill
  File "file:///L:\Simulation\02_Robotersimulation\09_MySimulation\GB_ProgramData\MyCommands_VC\Blenderer_2_0_3__2020_06_01_Blender2.82\Blenderer.py::", line 807, in CallBlender
  File "file:///L:\Simulation\02_Robotersimulation\09_MySimulation\GB_ProgramData\MyCommands_VC\Blenderer_2_0_3__2020_06_01_Blender2.82\Blenderer.py::", line 312, in createXML
  File "C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Professional 4.1\Python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 797, in write
    file = open(file_or_filename, "wb")
IOError: file() constructor not accessible in restricted mode

EDIT: After Installing an up to date Python-Version I now get the following error :confused:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "file:///L:\Simulation\02_Robotersimulation\09_MySimulation\GB_ProgramData\MyCommands_VC\Blenderer_2_0_3__2020_06_01_Blender2.82\Blenderer.py::", line 682, in CallStill
>   File "file:///L:\Simulation\02_Robotersimulation\09_MySimulation\GB_ProgramData\MyCommands_VC\Blenderer_2_0_3__2020_06_01_Blender2.82\Blenderer.py::", line 821, in CallBlender
>   File "C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Professional 4.1\Python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
>     errread, errwrite)
>   File "C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Professional 4.1\Python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 882, in _execute_child
>     startupinfo)
> WindowsError: [Error 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

@dubs3pp
Could you try to move the command to a local folder where you definitely have write permission.
Is it currently on some sort of a server folder?

Thank You for the new version of this great addon!

There’s one bug that i haven’t seen reported tho. If the initial render is done without Floor enabled, everything goes fine. If i then try to re-render (switching Re-use Scene flag true), the render fails because the addon is always trying to access VC_TO_BLENDER_FLOOR_OBJECT which in this case doesn’t exist (KeyError: ‘bpy_prop_collection[key]: key “VC_TO_BLENDER_FLOOR_OBJECT” not found’). My fix was to add a simple if-clause to check if floorvisible is true and only then run “bpy.data.objects[‘VC_TO_BLENDER_FLOOR_OBJECT’].select_set(True)”. Seems to do the trick.

br,

Hannu H

1 Like