Base following - Base attached to piece on positioner

Hi,

In my robot program the Base1 of the robot is attached to the piece on the positioner. When I move the positioner the robot follows.

Here is my question:

When I run the program, and the positioner and the robot move at the same time, the program becomes very slow. Like it is hard for the program to do this operation. Why is it like this?

Hi,

Base being attached to a positioner (or its child component) shouldn’t cause slowdown. Is this happening in all similar layouts? Could you test this attached layout and see if it is slow too?

-k

ArcWeldingCell_1.vcmx (829 KB)

It worked just fine.

Can it have something to do with high rendered objects in my layout? Or that the layout is reaching/has reached the point where the simulation won’t be as smooth, because of the pc specs?

On large layouts the slowdown can be the cause of several things. Python scripts are a common cause as you can do very consuming things with it such as creating tight poll loops with small delay times. Component modeling is another important factor as you want to avoid for example component rebuilds on property change events as much as possible and you might want to keep geometries fairly light. You can also try different rendering options and hiding frames to improve simulation performance.

-k