Python 3rd party packages

How to add 3rd party packages since the VC python is not providing pip or easy install?

Sure, there is the site-packages folder however some packages are not working out-of-box without installing them in a proper way.

Btw, here is no python subforum. For .NET it exist one.

Solution: I install packages over pip in another Python environment and copy them into the site-package folder of VC.

1 Like

Great that you got it going! It’s true that it isn’t that straight forward as using pip. Also some of the 3rd party modules won’t work on the stackless python VC is running.

The solution you provided is pretty much the same I’ve used. Some providers for the 3rd party modules give quite detailed instructions for manual installation and sometimes those are pretty useful.

(good point about having a dedicated python section)

Now we do have a section for python programming :smiley: . I moved the post to that section by the way.

As you mentioned MichaelW, I do also use another installation of python to use PIP to download most of the 3rd party packages. If nothing helps, a manual installation it is.

Solution: I install packages over pip in another Python environment and copy them into the site-package folder of VC.
I try to install the libraries "pyodbc" or "pymssql" over pip to the standardpath and afterwards I copy the created stuff to the third-party-folder in VC but nevertheless can't VC find the moduls! :(

Regarding pyodbc the attached package works for me. Just unzip the file into the site-packages folder.

To import the module you have to use following code:

import pypyodbc as pyodbc

br/Ralle

site-packages.zip (47.2 KB)