Robot Program Post Processor (downloader)

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.1 Extensions and Python Add-ons Visual Components Add-on samples Robot Program Post Processor (downloader)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Keke Keke 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Keke
    Keke

Also sometimes you need to fiddle with joint signs and zero offsets. Try to post some basic poses such as home position to get a grasp of what is wrong in the calibration. But start with the ratios and then fix signs and offsets if needed.

-k

Hsm
    Hsm
    Participant

Hi, is there also a pre-processor that converts files from existing KUKA programs (e.g. .src and .dat) to VC?
    Thanks for effort
    -Hsm02000

Plop
    Participant

I added the files to My Commands (including the translators) and the Post Process button does appear, however my generated output files are always empty and only contain the template data, but no points etc.

For example, this is what all my generated UR programs looks like:

How do I fix this? Is it related to the fact that I use KUKA.Sim Pro instead of VC?

SAQER KHALIL
    SAQER KHALIL
    Participant

Great work

Hoping to get it for KAWASAKI ROBOTICS .

Keke
    Keke

@hsm02000, We currently don’t have pre-processors (uploaders) for any brands yet. But those are requested a lot so they are on the wishlist so to speak.

@plop, Kuka.Sim uses different motion statements (custom statement type) so those are not supported by these Post-Processors.

-k

ltbaum
    Participant

Hey, I’m using VC 4.1 Professional to post-process a simple application with the UR10 robot and I’m getting some errors when I try to use the script in the official UR simulator.

First, I have a “Wait IN[2] == True” in my VC program, and the post processor is translating that as:

while get_configurable_digital_in(2):
    sleep 0.05
    end

Which gives me an error, because in the URScript, the sleep function needs to be like “sleep(t)” and even if I manually correct that, the code executes and does not wait for a confirmation of “True” in that input.

I have also tried to change the robot to an ABB robot, then I post-processed it and used that program in the ABB simulator, it worked like a charm.

Could you help me understand why the post-processor is not waiting for the input to the UR robot?

Note: I’m using the UR 10, and the version of my offline simulator is the 3.7.0.40195

Keke
    Keke

Hi @ltbaum,

Thanks for the info. We will put that UR issue on our todo-list and fix it at some point. I can’t say right off the bat how UR implements that get_configurable_digital_in() method and why it doesn’t work as expected on your case. It might be also related to the simulator as they don’t always behave identically to the real controller.

-k

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.