Import Robot Program

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 Robot Programming Import Robot Program

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by zesty zesty 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    d.lopez
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a doubt. It is possible to import/export robot programs so it can be used in multiple simulations without needing to create them again?

zesty
    zesty

Other than saving a copy of the robot and reloading and exchanging it as needed, you could create modules for exporting and importing the robot program. You just have to decide how you want to format the program. I think someone already posted an example using XML…

Dennis
    Participant

I’m currently working on such an importer for abb and fanuc, but I’m still far from being done with it.

So far it is possible to import movements and “if”s ( not more than to or 3 at once).

As an advice for you, look at the exporter and try to “invert” it, so you have like a base structure.

Still, if anyone has any kind of adivce, everything is helpful.

Thank you

zesty
    zesty

Try creating a dictionary that uses the RAPID syntax, for example ABB program, and then map it to a dictionary for creating equivalents in VC. If you are using 4.1 then you have a lot more wiggle room because you can use VC Comment statements and modify them with a Statement Executor to do whatever you want. For example, if there is a RAPID statement that does not match any default VC statement, then a VC Comment statement could be extended/modified to match the action(s) of the RAPID statement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.