How to move robot using matrix instead of move joint

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.1 Python Programming in VC How to move robot using matrix instead of move joint

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar alfaromeo 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alfaromeo
    Participant

Hello!

I woud like to move robot via python API using coordinates instead of moveJoint.

Any suitable python API?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

Hi alfaromeo

Maybe there’s a better way but what I do is I create a vcMotionTarget, set the target matrix and then read out the calculated joint values.

Hope that helps!

Keke
    Keke

Hi,

vcHelpers.Robot2 has many methods you could use such as linearMoveToPosition(). Robot2 is a wrapper class for the robot controller and you can also use the controller class itself a little bit like Johnny described. I fleshed out his example a bit so check the snippet below. Using the actual robot controller instead of Robot2 wrapper grants you a bit more control over the motion and in the snippet below things such as tool, base, configuration and motion type are defined for the target. And of course the target matrix. For translating the matrix I used matrices translateAbs() method. But check the reference guide (in help) for more info about the vcRobotController and vcHelpers.Robot2.

-k

alfaromeo
    Participant

I understand that.
    Thank you for the detailed example.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.