How to create a component similar to the Works Robot Controller

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 Component Modeling How to create a component similar to the Works Robot Controller

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Andreluizfc 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xiongxi2019
    Participant

hey,I want to create a component similar to the Works Robot Controller,but I hope it can directly control the gripper to perform tasks such as pick and place.

Can anyone help me, thank you.As shown in the figure, I want to design the base behind the gripper as the Works Robot Controller.

Andreluizfc
    Participant

Hello!  Do you want to create a component to act as a gripper? Explain a bit the problem to be solved, and the what instruments you have to do so.

Cheers!

xiongxi2019
    Participant

I am not trying to create a gripper, but I want to create a component that controls the gripper, just like a robotic hand and can write tasks like a robot controller.

Cheers!

CETIN
    Participant

Hi ,

I recommend you to define kinematics and add Task signal that lets you to receive signals from works task manager . Thus you will be able to manage your system via machine process task.

If you specifically want to  use a works robot manager, you can define an interface to attach actual robot manager and this will let to manage your robot .

I hope this will give you an idea .

Andreluizfc
    Participant

Yeah. I got that.

You can model a box and call it “Robot_Controller”.

Method 1:

Define input and output signals as boolean behaviors. Also, create properties. After that, write a python script that controls this new component, based on the input signals and properties. This component will act as a mediator.

Method 2:

You can get the behaviors/properties of any component in the layout using the “Robot_Controller” python script. Then do what you want with that component you just got.

I attached a component for you to start developing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.